||Body Corporate Best Practice – Half Day Customised Course
||BCBP (Part A)
||3 to 4 Hours
- Caretakers/Building Managers/Facility Managers
- Prospective Purchasers of Management Rights
- Committee Members (Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer & Ordinary Members)
- Lot Owners/Owner Investors/Owner Occupiers
- Strata Managers/Body Corporate Managers
- Property Managers/Letting Agents
- Real Estate Sales Agents
- Self-Managed Body Corporate
- Property Developers
||Students are provided an Introduction to the Body Corporate & Community Management Act and associated Regulation Module/s (specific to each scheme/site) to best comply and deliver on their Committee/Caretaker/Body Corporate Manager “Code of Conduct” legislative obligations.
Courses are ideal for those presently living, working or looking to invest within the strata sector for the first time and require a higher understanding of building compliance obligations and the day-to-day body corporate operational requirements.
Students are provided the opportunity to customise the 4 Hour training session to best compliment their individual competency levels. Students undertaking the Body Corporate “best fit” training program, may select up to 8 course modules/subjects of greatest importance and relevance.
Trainers will endeavour to cover all nominated modules/subjects within the allocated timeframe. Students may also extend training session times as and when required.
Please note that students wishing to complete all course modules/subjects are directed to the “Body Corporate Best Practice – Full Day Training Program.
||STUDENTS MAY SELECT UP TO EIGHT (8) SUBJECTS FROM THE FOLLOWING –
Course subject options:
- Introduction to the BCCMA97 – “Code of Conduct” for Body Corporate Managers/Caretakers/Committee Members
- Understanding Your Scheme Profile (Module Type, Class Type, Rise Type) & Distinguishing The Key Components of Legislation That A Relevant To Your Scheme
- Understanding The Roles And Responsibilities of Committee Members (Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Ordinary Members, Body Corporate Manager & Building Manager/Caretaker)
- Body Corporate & Caretaker Spending Limits & Authorities – How When, Where & Why Body Corporate Funds May Be Expended?
- Essential Building Management Tools (Identifying & Reviewing Key Documents – Community Management Statement, Sinking Fund Forecast, Insurance Policy)
- New Building Establishment Requirements (In Accordance With The ABMA Code)
- Body Corporate By-Law Breach – Caretaker Versus Committee Obligations, Process & procedures
- Committee Meeting Versus General Meeting Operational & Legislative Requirements
- Building Maintenance – Lot Owner Versus Body Corporate Responsibility
- Letting Versus Caretaking Responsibilities – When Should The Body Corporate Be Informed
- Power To Enter Lots & Emergency Expenditure By The Body Corporate
- Understand the Body Corporate Insurance Claim Process & Procedure
- Building Management Plan + Annual Administration & Sinking Fund Budget Preparation Requirements
- Understanding The Body Corporate Financial Year Cycle & Learning How To Maximise This Knowledge To Your Advantage
- How to Prepare a Common Property Conditions Report
- Student Scheme Requested Items (e.g. How To Prepare Motions For Body Corporate Consideration, How To Chair An Annual General Meeting, How To Prepare a Building Manager’s Report)
||Monday to Sunday (7 Days A Week)
8:30am – 12:30pm
1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Owner’s Unit
- Manager’s Unit
- Property Developer’s Office
- Venue of Client Choice or Alternatively (Please See Below)
Brisbane Square Library
266 George Street, Brisbane City
Telephone 07 3403 4166
Monday to Thursday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Closed on Public Holidays
Meeting Room Hire Fees & Charges – Category One, Up to 50 people:
Rate: $18 per hour, 2 Weeks Advance Bookings Required
Trainer’s Travel Charges To & From Training Venue May Apply:
Industrial Award Rate of $0.80/km
||Normal Rate: $695 + GST/Person
Strata Mastery Member Rate: $595 + GST/Person
Text Book (Layman’s Guide): $55 + GST/Copy
Course Duration: 3 to 4 Hours
Workshop Material: All student guides, text books and certificate is provided on training date.
Group Discounts Apply For Groups of 3 Or More – Please Contact Us For A Quote
Strata Mastery Membership Registration is FREE. Visit the Strata Mastery HOME Page
||Upon completion of the course, students will receive:
- BCBP (Part A) – Certificate of Participation
- Strata Mastery – Electronic Student Participant Badge
|Course Enrolment Requirments
||Scheme documents are requested to be forwarded to Trainers not later than 2 weeks prior to all scheduled workshops –
- Community Management Statement (CMS)
- Caretaking & Letting Agreement (If Applicable)
- Sinking Fund Forecast
- Asset Register & Contracts Register (If Available)
- Notice of Previous Annual General Meeting (Including all Supporting Documents)
Documents may be requested from your Strata Manager/Body Corporate Manager and forwarded to: email@example.com
||For a free quotation or to enrol today, please contact Strata Mastery on telephone 07 3861 1432 or complete the on-line enquiries form provided.
Contact Us for more information.