Conditions are commonly imposed on consent to an assignment, or can be drafted as covenants the other parties agree to in the deed of assignment. Types of conditions that may be imposed on the Seller/Outgoing Manager at their cost:
- Body corporate legal costs to consider the assignment (e.g. buyer competency – qualifications, experience, financial standing, terms of deed of assignment).
- Body corporate administrative costs to consider the assignment (e.g. body corporate manager additional “outside of contract” administration service charges, including associated printing and postage fees).
- Costs associated with assessing competency (e.g. appointment of a suitably qualified and independent consultant, such as, Diverse FMX, Leary & Partners, Seymour Consulting, to conduct the assignment interview and onsite competency assessment on behalf of the body corporate).
- Payment of a transfer fee, where applicable only (i.e. if the transfer occurs within 2 years of the agreement being entered into or the last assignment).
Types of conditions that may be imposed on the Buyer/Incoming Manager at their cost:
- Training/up-skilling requirements (imposed on inexperienced buyers).
- Future caretaker performance management audit/s, in unique circumstances (imposed on inexperienced buyers).